Abbott Senior Software Engineer, Manufacturing Automation in Plano, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for software development for implantable medical device manufacturing automation and test. The software solutions developed by this engineer will support manufacturing through both new development efforts as well as maintenance and improvement of existing software systems.
Impact this role will have on Abbott
• Develop and maintain non-product software for manufacturing systems
• Proactively develop solutions for yield and process improvement
• Lead a cross-functional team to define and implement solutions
• Create validation and qualification procedures (IQ, OQ, PQ, V&V)
• Deploy process improvements and new product introductions to manufacturing
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in medical device development and/or other highly regulated industry
• Technical ability to independently complete moderate to high complexity software projects from start to finish (C, C++, C#, CVI, LabVIEW, and similar)
• Understanding of and experience with full software development lifecycle, including project planning, requirements definition, risk analysis, development, testing / troubleshooting, documentation, release and maintenance
• Experience with scripting experience for data collection and analysis (e.g. Perl, Python, shell scripting, or similar)
• Experience implementing and interacting with databases
• Experience with system / hardware / software integration and testing
• Experience with software verification and validation
• Drive for continuous improvement
• Project and People Leadership
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Cross-functional teamwork
• Part 11 Compliance / Data Integrity experience
• Ability to travel up to 5%, including internationally
Your preferred qualifications and education:
• Working knowledge of 21 CFR part 820, IEC 62304, IEC 82304-1, ISO 14971, and ISO 13485
• Advanced degree (e.g. MS) or equivalent practical experience
• Experience with Class III medical devices
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com