Abbott Technician I, Extrusion in Plymouth, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Extrusion Technician I. This position is responsible for the production of high quality medical device hardware and systems. This position includes detailed assembly and testing of various electronic components and finished devices.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
· Perform assembly and testing of electronic components and assemblies
· Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written procedures; understand and follow verbal instructions
· Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages
· Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance
· Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts
· Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision
· Troubleshooting skills - Interpersonal skills such as conflict resolution, active participation, active listening, interpreting, cooperation and flexibility to allow for a successful self-managed team
· Must be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form
· Positively represent the company during tours by demonstrating techniques and sharing appropriate information - Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all operations
· Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics
· Perform routine/preventative maintenance on applicable equipment to maximize efficiency, minimize accidents to enhance longer life of equipment and tools
· Maintain accurate records to ensure traveler and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products
· Is cross trained in multiple areas/processes
· Identify, analyze, and implement manufacturing improvements (e.g., processes, yields, and productivity) - Test/troubleshoot manufacturing processes and equipment
· Support process validation activities for continuing production and for new product introductions
· Set-up production processes using established procedures and processes
· Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· 1-2 years’ experience with electronic assembly and test, preferably in medical device industry
· Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting equipment, building and testing of electronic assemblies
· Proficient computer
Your preferred qualifications and education:
· 2 year technical degree/certificate in electronics preferred
· Experience in GMP, ISO, and FDA controlled environments preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com