Abbott Distribution Supervisor in Roseville, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Supervisor, Distribution is responsible for all associated activity and staff. This position oversees all goods receipts, deliveries, shipments, and related transactions.
• Supervise and provide daily work instruction as needed to staff of direct reports.
• Assure active cross training of staff is ongoing and complete.
• Assign and train special project tasks to staff as required.
• Ensure accurate and effective documented procedures are used in conducting activities where appropriate.
• Maintain Learning Management System for direct staff.
• Work with management to develop and implement productivity and risk reduction changes in all areas of responsibility and/or as assigned.
• Assure a neat and safe work environment.
• Complete payroll tasks as required.
• Complete disciplinary actions as required for staff.
• Maintain PTO schedule for staff assuring coverage in all areas.
• Hire and train staff as required.
• Work cross functionally as required.
• Must work over time as required for business needs.
• Other tasks as assigned or required.
o Depending on assignment this position could also be responsible for all aspects of Distribution as well.
• Space considerations and layouts and other related control areas.
• Occasional travel to support global standardization or training.
• Support all initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Hire and retain a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Maintain a safe and professional work environment.
• Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 5 years’ experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment required (medical preferred).
• General proficiencies in Microsoft Office (required) and SAP (preferred).
• A wide and comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the shipping, receiving and inventory control system, and their practical applications to problems and situations encountered required.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
• Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
• Ability to travel approximately 5%, including internationally.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org