Abbott Global Product Manager in Santa Clara, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
1) Achieve Global product line sales and margin by driving execution of sales and marketing plan, tracking actuals vs. target and other key metrics such as closes, any losses, and growth within accounts, and adjusting tactics as needed to achieve targets.
2) Develop sales tools (literature, brochures, website, and all media), training materials, and field sales and customer communications to support sales and the customer and address any product line issues. Assess value, plan, and coordinate presence at key industry meetings. Support field efforts to participate in and conduct local channel meetings that drive customer adoption. Comprehend channel marketing efforts and requirements in managing development of promotional media. Develop sales educational/promotional pieces as appropriate: Initiate/manage/implement publications/ competitive comparisons to support business strategy as appropriate.
3) Build relationships with key customers, thought leaders, trade associations, and industry players to facilitate sales and increase positive visibility and adoption of Abbott products. Participate in various channels (including, Govt business) development discussions and provide input to drive development to higher value products that improve healthcare.
4) Work with Finance, Marketing Manager, Directors and Regional Managers to provide business analysis and support development of PLAN, Update, and LBEs. Provide monthly assessment of product line performance in sales, margin, new closes, and other issues affecting business prospects.
5) Approve a field notification on a product performance issue: understand key technical issues, clearly communicate in written form, anticipate customer/ competitor response and minimize negative reaction
6) Marketing Meetings: Organizes and facilitates global marketing meetings. Works with a broad array of internal and external groups to assure that marketing goals are achieved. Develops and presents product information and training to sales force and key customers.
7) Participates in product strategy development; Visits customers/has VIP contacts Chooses reference centers to run clinical studies/trials. Follows up closely on projects in collaboration with others. Negotiates and prepares contracts for support/service. Internal Contacts: Provides leadership by representing the customer and driving products to market.
8) Develops product roadmap. Works closely with R&D, Program Management, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory, Business Development, Health Economics, and other internal cross functional teams to define and develop new and next generation products. Is able to be the voice of the customer and determine key value proposition for customer. Is able to define product features and benefits.
9) Develop and implement marketing strategy for product line. Works closely with Sales and field management to develop and execute product marketing strategies.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1) Define a marketing plan in a new or undefined market: work with worldwide marketing and a venture team, define target market, understand key customer needs, differentiate our product from the competition, quantify the sales and profit opportunity, define the strategy, communicate the strategy and gain agreement from various channels.
2) Develop marketing plan for product line with analysis and insights, including strategies and specific tactics and resources to drive growth opportunities and address key risks. Review pricing and update as needed based on changing situation (customer, cost, competition, new products). Execute annual price increase.
3) Product Launch: complete a launch package; organize information in a logical concise manner, provide positioning to differentiate the product from the competition, approve package insert; verify ordering information is in the system.
4) Drive execution of strategies and tactics in the field through extensive field travel, creative promotions, and training of sales teams during national and local meetings.
5) Conduct formal market research: understand questions that need answering, clearly and objectively define an objective around those questions, anticipate the potential outcomes and know what you will do with this information, communicate objective, results of market research and recommend actions to the
6) Explore external activities: Work with cross functional teams to explore business arrangement or business development opportunities with external vendor. Assess patents, technology, competition and market opportunity; make recommendation to pursue or not.
7) Forecast a new product: Establish unit/dollar projections and determine cannibalization impact; Responsibility for handling backorder / allocation issues with specific product line.
8) Project Management: Manages the marketing aspects of projects involving cross functional groups.
Position Accountability / Scope:
Manage a marketing budget for specific product line: anticipate expenses and plan a budget, track expenses. Complete training and build skills to meet key requirements and expand capabilities in the job. Key areas of focus include all channel Marketing, Business including, POC Industry, Compliance, and Quality Systems.
BA, BS degree required or equivalent experience or MBA with 1-3 yrs related experience.
Master's degree in business or science preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
5-7 years of sales or marketing experience.
• Proven successful track record of product launches
• Product management experience in medical products or services preferred.
• Sales experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com