Abbott Marketing Communications Manager in Santa Clara, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Job Function
Responsible for managing, planning, and implementing branding and communications projects in the areas of advertising, promotional programs, public relations, trade shows, digital and mobile communications. Drives the development of product promotion plans in collaboration with US and Global product marketing teams. Plans, creates, and produces marketing, advertising, sales promotions, and digital tools to support brand strategies and marketing objectives. Acts as a brand champion and ensures all communications is consistent and accurately supports the brand strategy. Is the conduit and hub within the marketing organization to coordinate and support branding and marketing efforts globally. Produces informational materials for communication media to reach maximum number of customers and prospects. Prepares materials for the sales force and evaluates and modifies promotion or advertising programs to effectively support organizational goals.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• Partner with product management to develop communication objectives and strategies, and determine and manage the project budget and the production schedule.
• Manages the development of marketing and sales / promotional materials to effectively promote and sell.
• Recommend and execute promotion plans. Provide channel strategy expertise to teams and recommend most effective ways to deploy assets and materials to achieve marketing objective.
• Manage and track material effectiveness in order to modify and improve promotion development.
• Provides direction to vendors by meeting to incorporate ideas, goals, themes, and budget for promotional material to ensure quality production and timely completion of projects
• Acts as liaison between Webmaster, and/or vendors and product management and facilitates communication to achieve consensus and complete the development of promotional projects.
• Quality checks product at all stages of development and production process, applies changes where required, and provides final approval to ensure quality of finished material being produced. (Includes, but not limited to, content, branding, and design elements.)
• Partners with product management to develop tradeshow objectives and strategies, maintains budgets and develops and manages the associated timeline and schedules
• Manages and coordinates exhibitions at trade shows and conferences
• Proactively promotes expansion of mobile and digital tools as a major marketing communications approach, domestically and internationally
• Actively promotes Abbott Vascular brand by ensuring projects meet corporate brand standards.
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results. May provide work direction and guidance to exempt and / or skilled nonexempt levels of employees; may be asked to evaluate performance of and assist in career development planning for subordinates.
Position Accountability / Scope
Understands business environment and relates extensive knowledge of internal and external activities to trends. Interfaces with a variety of management levels on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across organizational units. Participates in the development of others by facilitating training and providing feedback and guidance. Brings projects to completion and is a strategic partner to the product teams in establishing product brands. Will lead communication strategy aspects of projects. Provides technical leadership to business units. Acts as a mentor to less-experienced staff. Exercises judgment independently. Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity. Initiates and manages schedule for projects and project milestones. Establishes priorities of individual or project assignments. Selects methods and techniques to lead a project to completion. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve organizational objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 8+ year of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
• Comprehensive knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
• Uses in-depth knowledge of business unit functions and cross group dependencies relationships. Is recognized as an expert in work group.
• Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
• Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with government regulations.
• Has experience in marketing communications, consumer marketing, and digital marketing a plus.
• Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Has broad knowledge of various technical alternatives and their potential impact on the business.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org