Abbott Production Specialist II- Day Shift in Scarborough, Maine
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Specialist II within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role, you will perform the work required for the assembly of components, devices, and/or the final product depending on the trade assigned.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
· Performs work required for the assembly of components, devices and/or the final product
· Performs routine work in all production areas with limited supervision
· Ensures quality of product using standard operating procedures, templates, training and supervision, and good judgment
· Provides input for enhancing efficiencies and modifying/creating SOPs to ensure accuracy/quality or improve productivity
· May be subject to call back or extended hours as required
BASICQUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 1years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of GMP and how it applies to specific responsibilities and manufacturing operations.
· Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of medical device manufacturing.
· Prior Machine Operation experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet, database, and word processing software.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes andencourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com