Abbott Manufacturing Engineer II in Scottsdale, Arizona
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are looking for an experienced, high caliber manufacturing engineer to join our very talented team in the manufacture of electronics for implantable medical devices. We save lives every day with the work that we do and we want you to join us. Responsible for improving processes, equipment and materials for use in production of medical devices. Works on manufacturing engineering problems of diverse scope. Exercises judgment and defines methods and criteria in conducting manufacturing engineering experiments and reports results. Develops networks with internal/external working relationships in area of expertise.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
• Establishes processes to improve yields and equipment through availability, performance, and quality .
• Evaluates process and design alternatives based on “design for manufacturability” principles.
• Understands principles of “Cost of Goods Sold”.
• Manages program compliance with “Quality Control” requirements (i.e. Design Control, Process validation etc.).
• Maintains knowledge of new developments in manufacturing and design technologies.
• Understand work environment issues (i.e. OSHA regulations, etc.).
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other Technical Field
2 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience developing manufacturing processes and technologies and designing for manufacturability required
Lean manufacturing and six sigma knowledge
advanced degree preferred
Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
experience in a microelectronics assembly environment
Experience designing and testing medical devices a plus
Understanding of Statistical Process Control and Overall Equipment Effectiveness
Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org