Abbott Regional Security Operations Director, East Asia in Shanghai, China
Regional Director - East Asia
Director, International Security Operations
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150+ countries and employs approximately 94,000 people. Abbott has been ranked as one of Americas most admired companies by Fortune Magazine every year since 1984. Abbott has been named for the 13th consecutive year as the global healthcare industry group leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for economic, environmental and social performance and recognized for 14 consecutive years as a top 50 company for its diverse workforce.
This position is within the Abbott Global Security Division.
This person will be the senior security leader for East Asia, with primary strategic focus on China. This management position is responsible for assisting the regional businesses in achieving their objectives by:
Collecting & analyzing intelligence to identify and anticipate significant risks and trends which may impact personnel, assets, reputation and business operations.
Based upon intelligence analysis, coordinating the development and implementation of practical, effective, cost efficient preventive and mitigating security strategies and measures.
Leading the crisis management response effort in the region when situations arise and equally important overseeing the crisis management preparedness and training initiatives.
Providing expert security counsel to the senior business leaders in the region.
Conducting Security Vulnerability Assessments and ensuring identified gaps are remedied within an appropriate time frame
Conducting professional, ethical, confidential and legal investigations, including product counterfeiting and diversion.
Educating and training managers and employees on significant risks and subsequent preventive and mitigation measures and behaviors.
Identifying and managing key external security resources in the region.
Researches and oversees the deployment of practical, state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative security processes which lower the risk profile of the businesses as well as security related costs, losses and liabilities.
Creates and maintains in-country intelligence network.
Pro-actively manages the travel security program for the region.
This function will periodically assist the Global Security Director on company-wide initiatives and other confidential projects.
Build and maintain intelligence networks including, high level in-country liaisons with credible law enforcement agencies, government intelligence services, private security companies, relevant security organizations like OSAC Country Councils, the Regional Security Officers and select national Embassy Officers, other private sector Regional Security Managers, etc.
Must establish an effective working relationship with the regional General Managers, Finance Directors, and their direct reports to ensure that the security strategies are properly aligned with
business objectives and that Global Security is positively contributing to the success of the business.
A business relationship needs to be maintained with key senior corporate staff personnel and the affiliate leadership for the businesses in the region.
This person is expected to function as an effective, results driven contributor who requires minimal management oversight. However, this person must also be able to ensure that the Regional Security Program remains properly aligned with the Global Security Programs and appropriate business objectives by working with the regional management teams.
• Must have experience working in East Asian Region, preferably in China within a multi-national company/organization.
• University degree or international equivalent (Masters preferred) in a related field of study.
• Strong proficiency with English and Mandarin languages, oral and written.
• 10+ years total experience in international security which may include corporate, private contractor, military, law enforcement, or government intelligence service. Preferred experience may include 5 years or more as a corporate security manager in the pharmaceutical or nutritional (food) industry.
• Demonstrated track record of successful security leadership preferably within a decentralized organization which facilitated the business units in achieving outstanding results.
• Demonstrated experience in intelligence analysis, identifying significant threats both current and future, designing and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies and tactical plans for safeguarding personnel and assets.
• Conducting site vulnerability assessments and investigations, managing crisis and emergency situations and adjudicating facts in order to reach logical and ethical conclusions.
• Above average writing, communication, persuasion (selling) and consensus building skills.
• Strong technical aptitude; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Experienced in working within complex operating environments and emerging markets.
• Strong cultural awareness and experience of working in the geographical area of assignment.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to liaise with internal and external clients at all levels.
• An appropriate certification would be a plus (CPP, PSP, etc.)
• At this level the successful candidate should possess a majority of the required skill sets to begin making an immediate and positive contribution to Global Security and the regional businesses.
Work Environment: The person will be working in Low, Medium and High risk environments. He / She must be able to fully function across this risk spectrum. The ability to adapt and thrive in changing cultures, climates, environmental conditions, as well as managing health and disease risks is required. This position will require approximately 50% travel.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com