Abbott Accountant in St. Paul, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Performs accounting activities that require an in-depth understanding of accounting and operational aspects of the finance and accounting systems.
• Assists in month-end closing, journal entry preparation including recurring entries and allocations, account analysis, intercompany transfers, reconciliation, and preparation of financial statements.
• Ability to plan and meet individual timelines, operating independently with changing scope of responsibilities as well as support colleagues in a team based culture.
• Successfully navigate SAP to view documents, account balances, run reports and utilize SAP data for analytics.
• Efficiently complete Microsoft Excel spreadsheets including pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formatting and analysis of data.
• Applies intermediate knowledge to the evaluation and elevation of issues including recommending solutions.
• Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end reports, provides information to support (external and internal) audits and other analysis schedules.
• Act as a liaison with various financial functional team members to execute the financial close, provide guidance and work together to improve processes.
• Performs configuration and testing related to existing or new processes/implementations as needed.
• Maintain Standard Operating Procedures for assigned activities.
• Conducts special project analysis and backup support involving financial data.
• Ensure compliance with SOX, internal controls and all Abbott Corporate policies and procedures.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• CPA preferred
• 2 years Accounting experience
• 1 years experience working with accounting software
• Prior experience with a medical device company and/or public accounting firm
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel approximately 5%, including internationally.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org