Abbott Planner II in St. Paul, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Planner II. Under limited supervision, develops, maintains and communicates manufacturing schedules for assigned products. Works cross-functionally with purchasing, production, engineering, quality and other teams as necessary to create and manage manufacturing schedules to achieve product availability.
• Communicate to production, procurement and material handling the manufacturing schedule on a weekly basis. Ensure that all stakeholders are aware of priority jobs and strive for quick resolution of issues that could prevent jobs from meeting their scheduled completion dates.
• Implements inventory policies set by Supply Chain management to manage finished goods and manufactured sub-assembly inventory.
• Generates reports of moderate complexity and performs data analysis to proactively revise plans or resolve issues.
• Develops and provides a detailed scheduling plan for finished goods and sub-assemblies which supports the top level approved build plans, assuring quantity and mix are clearly communicated to manufacturing.
• Releases work orders in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
• Reviews forecast data, back order reports and commodity/purchasing updates, including early warning signs, to prioritize and expedite manufacturing jobs to prevent or clear
• Reviews and updates material master data on regular basis to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
• Manages safety stock in partnership with purchasing.
• Approves and creates rework or special work orders in the ERP system.
• Reviews and updates outdated open jobs which require rescheduling or closing.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities on occasion, as assigned.
Experience, Education and Knowledge:
3+ years of progressively responsible experience in manufacturing schedule planning.
Intermediate experience utilizing MRP and ERP systems.
Proficient in MS Office. Strong Excel skills
Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Business or equivalent.
1 + years of SAP experience
APICS or other planning related certification preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org