Abbott Sr. Engineer - Product Technology in St. Paul, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Senior Engineer will participate in the architecture, design, implementation, manage and monitoring of Office 365 services and hybrid infrastructure, including Azure AD.
To be successful in this position, this individual should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, time and project management skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills, should be able to take on complex projects and assignments without detailed specifications and provide leadership direction to other personnel as appropriate. The individual should be able to critically think through projects or problems and continuously work toward improving systems in terms of security, scalability, and manageability. The individual should also be familiar with working through processes and procedures to accomplish objectives while at the same time being able to act as an independent thinker who can take full ownership of systems and projects.
• Designs, implements, and manages and monitor Office 365 services and hybrid infrastructure, including Azure AD.
• Document changes to the systems using change management best practices.
• Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
• Assist with the migration of large volumes of data into the cloud platform.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with user access to cloud services.
• Maintain a good understanding of upcoming changes to the platforms to assist with user change management.
• Monitor and communicate to stakeholders the performance of the services.
• Assist with the creation of policies around the proper use of Office 365 services and support.
• Collaborate with other IT staff, including networking, security, and data center operation teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
• Exporting usage and licensing information through Office 365 reporting.
• Understanding of firewall requirements needed for all Office 365 functions.
• Assist with the implementation and management of O365 ATP for security related activities.
• Responsible for participating in remediation efforts in relation to infrastructure events as well as conducting postmortem analysis of those events and planning for prevention of future events.
• Ensures that the environment is always improving, keeping up with company requirements, and even looking forward in order to provide additional value to the company.
• Develops or coordinates with others to ensure automation of tasks that are regularly occurring.
• Coordinates with system administrators to conduct operations.
• Works with the O365 customers to determine their requirements and provide engineered solutions that are manageable, secure, and highly available.
• Performs performance testing and monitoring.
• Responsible for assisting with troubleshooting and solving issues with hardware, operating systems, and application layer products by working with vendors or other team members as applicable.
• Works with IT security to ensure vulnerabilities are managed and remediated.
• Coordinates with other entities in relation to security assessments.
• Maintains accurate inventory for software and hardware.
• Responsible for staying abreast of new developments in hardware and software technologies and making recommendations as appropriate.
• Accountable for preventative maintenance planning, product lifecycle planning, software and hardware update planning.
• Identifies tasks and processes requiring automation and implements the most effective solution.
• Develops detailed implementation, test and roll-back procedures for planned changes
• Applies enterprise security policies and standards when performing all operational duties.
• Self-directed coordination of implementation projects, tasks, device documentation and cross training of coworkers.
• Participates in all call rotation as directed.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Degree in computer science, or related IT field and/or 7+ years of equivalent IT experience.
5+ years of messaging experience including O365 concepts and Microsoft technologies
Considerable knowledge of managing Office 365 and other related cloud solutions.
Experience managing directory sync into Azure AD.
Experience with Azure AD user management for Office 365.
Experience with managing secure environments using MFA, DLP, and encryption.
Advanced skills managing Office 365 using PowerShell.
Ability to create advanced PowerShell scripts to schedule repeatable Office 365 actions.
Advanced knowledge of migrating data and services between Office 365 tenants.
Deep knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and it’s interaction with Active Directory.
Experience managing Microsoft Exchange 2013 or 2016.
Experience leveraging AD connect with O365.
Experience leveraging ECP for exchange administration.
Understanding of Office 365 ATP.
Thorough working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot all issues with DKIM, DMARC, SPF & DNS.
Demonstrated knowledge of PowerShell and/or other object-oriented scripting languages.
Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
Ability to travel approximately 10% of worktime.
Familiarity with service desk ticketing systems.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org