Abbott Group Product Manager - Ensure in Taguig City, Philippines
Direct and control the marketing activities and budget of brands handled to achieve sales and margin targets.
Direct Reports : 2 - 1 Sr. Product Manager; 1 Product Manager
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Taking a leading role in building the business.
• Directs the attention of others, especially the Agency, to focus mainly on business-building projects
• Does not procrastinate on key projects in the face of Management opposition
• Sets a small number of top priorities for the Brand; gets agreement to and delivers on those priorities on time
• Able to relegate Management questions to lower priority if appropriate
• Takes the initiative to recommend proposals to Management instead of reacting to their suggestions
- Motivation and drive.
• Committed to self-development and success.
• Effectively manages the resources of the Brand to maintain a steady momentum
• Skilled in delegating to and developing assistants to maximize total Brand output
• Able to bounce back from business setbacks
• Has a healthy dissatisfacation with the status quo
• Consistently handling a large volume of work well
- Managing and developing people.
• Taking an active, responsible role in effectively training and motivating others to get results
• Develops effective ways to teach new skills to subordinates
• Makes a positive contribution to a struggling subordinate
• Keeps the agency well-informed, motivated and productive
• Being actively involved in recruiting talented individuals
- Thinking analytically, strategically, creatively and practically.
• Thoroughly understanding consumer needs and attitudes and competition to develop effective brand strategies and business plans
• Being able to think strategically about the business and plan for the long-term
• Develops an ability to evaluate copy beyond basic rules to judge its overall effectiveness, develops an "instinctive" feel for good copy
• Scrutinizes available sources of ideas - other brands, competition, support/staff groups - for ideas that might be useful
• Develops long range plans for the Brand, has a "vision" of the future
• Skilled in communicating to Management, both orally and in writing
• Able to resolve conflicts in a mature and objective way
• Makes articulate evaluations of copy
- Delivers results.
• Consistently achieves measurable business results that stand out in view of the circumstances which prevail
• Turns around key business trends from falling to succeeding situations
• Manages to get good results in a variety of areas at the same time
• Ensures available resources are deployed against these things that can have a significant impact on share and profit
Knowledge & Experience:
• At least 8 years experience in brand management, advertising, consumer insighting, research, below the line promotions, etc. Experience in managing or supervising direct subordinates is a must. Proven success record in marketing and sales capability. Preferably, with experience in medical marketing or ethical marketing
• Strong leadership with demonstrated financial and management skills
- Human Relations Skill
• External Customers Suppliers for Promotional Materials, Advertising Agency
Manage external customers effectively to achieve desired business results (e.g negotiation on lower price, meeting deadlines, etc.)
• Internal Customers - Sales, Trade Marketing, Finance, Regulatory/Medical, Supply Chain, HR
Being able to build and maintain productive relations with people in other departments, including those who may have different points of view
- Problem Solving Skills
Able to evaluate the total business objectively and isolate key problems/opportunities (e.g. non-achievement of sales target, poor results of a marketing program that was implemented, etc.)
Must have a Bachelor Degree in Business, Management or Marketing. A Master’s Degree is preferred but not required
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org