Abbott Project Manager -Procurement in Temecula, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Job Functions:
• Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort.
• Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
• Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
• Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies and by working with SQA to develop and execute project quality plans.
• Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
• Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
• Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
• Participates in external project management organizations, conferences and seminars to keep current with industry best practices in project management by joining professional associations and implementing a professional development plan with focus on project management.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• (Influence/Leadership) Understands business environment and relates extensive knowledge of internal and external technological activities to trends.
• Interfaces with senior management on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across organizational units.
• Participates in the development of other technical contributors by facilitating training and providing feedback and guidance.
• May lead a project team.
• Provides technical leadership to business units.
• Acts as a mentor to less-experienced staff and may provide work direction or supervise other technical employees.
• Exercises judgment independently; Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
• Initiates or maintains schedule for projects and project milestones.
• Establishes priorities of individual or project assignments.; Selects methods and techniques to lead a project to completion.
• Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
• Bachelor's degree plus 7-9 years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred. (Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills))
• Comprehensive knowledge of a particular technological field. Uses in-depth knowledge of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/ relationships.
• Is recognized as an expert in work group and across functions. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.; Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Has broad knowledge of various technical alternatives and their potential impact on the business
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com