Abbott Sr Production Equipment Operator - Tipp City - Off shift in Tipp City, Ohio
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The Processing Department manufactures various products as called for by the Division Production Schedule on a timely basis and in a safe manner. These products must meet specifications as stated in the work order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Processing Operator I position includes 7 major tasks. The operator will rotate through all of these positions within Processing. They consist of Panel Operator - Systems A and B, Vitamin Room, Slurry Room, Standardization, Bulk Receiving, and CIP Operator.
Responsibilities include setting up, operating and monitoring control panels, sampling, testing, calculation and verification, blending, cleaning, documentation, and record keeping as specified in the appropriate Work Order.
Responsible for hook-up connections/disconnections and performs PM work on equipment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, safety, weighing, pre-weighing, staging, and maintaining proper amounts of ingredients in the area.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). The operator will be trained as a Processing Operator I, performing all specified duties.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as processing work orders, safety rules, operating instructions, maintenance PM’s and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers and decimals.
• Must be able to use conversion factors involving metric and US measures.
• Ability to carry out written, oral or diagram form instructions.
• Ability to deal with minor product, blend and slurry problems in a timely manner.
• When systems malfunction or major problems occur, contacts shift Supervisor until a management decision can be reached.
• Be able to troubleshoot and assist in root cause analysis when necessary to resolve issues.
• Basic knowledge of computers using Lotus Notes and Human Machine Interface (HMI) / touch screen is required.
Accountability / Scope/Budget:
Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the plant operations by producing high quality products in a timely manner. Troubleshooting in process equipment and identifying solutions to ensure production is maintained. The department will accomplish this objective in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safety requirements with minimum product/ingredient loss through efficient use and maximum utilization of manpower assigned. Operator must be able to work in a team atmosphere and collaborate with his peers and management to help create a natural work team environment.
Operator will have to take Low Acid Food School and pass the testing that is associated with this class in accordance with Abbott Policy.
This department is responsible solely for the processing of liquid nutritional products produced in the Tipp City plant.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org