Abbott Manager, Market Access- Abbott Diabetes Care (British Columbia & Western provinces) in Vancouver, British Columbia
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Manager is responsible for securing market access, coverage and reimbursement for Abbott Diabetes Care (ADC) products and services with private and public payors in British Columbia and western provinces. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Market Access & Health Economics.
• Builds strong relationships with external stakeholders, policy makers and consultants (Eg. HEOR experts, CADTH, INESSS, pCPA, Diabetes Canada etc…
• Continually assess Quebec healthcare policy dynamics, and makes adjustments to value propositions and reimbursement or pricing strategies as required
• Cultivate effective working relationships with key government officials, payors (public and private), influential health care providers and other market influencers (i.e. Advocacy Groups, Coalitions, etc.)
• Develop relationships with Key Opinion Leaders to serve as advocates for ADC products’ clinical and economic effectiveness to public and private payors
• Develop reimbursement value propositions, health economic & outcomes research strategies and submission dossiers for all ADC products
• Proactively identifies and develops strategies to address short & long term reimbursement risks and opportunities for ADC products in Quebec. Incorporates contingencies and mitigation strategies into these plans
• Proactively identifies and develops pricing strategies for ADC Canada product, and builds contingencies and options to mitigate potential risks and exposures
• Work closely with global market access colleagues to provide policy makers with customized and relevant clinical and HEOR information and submissions that result in successful reimbursement strategies for Abbott products
• Collaborate with ADC Market Access colleagues globally, sharing best practices and key learnings across countries
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Strategic agility and ability to work independently
• Knowledge of Brand, market dynamics, and familiarity with GCP/ SOP
• Outstanding strategic thinking skills—proven ability to identify/define business questions and issues, synthesize information from multiple sources, conduct analysis, formulate actionable recommendations
• High-energy, self-starter that is assertive, possesses a high degree of self-confidence and intellectual curiosity, exhibits a bias for action and demonstrates good executive presence
• Exceptional English oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with ADC Senior Management, Key Opinion Leaders, Patient Advocacy Groups and key stakeholders from public and private payors
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment while maintaining strong attention to detail and quick recall
• Working knowledge of statistics
• Advanced MS Office skills
• Bachelor of Arts or Science; Masters, PharmD or PhD preferred
• Proven leader with 5 to 8 years of experience in areas such as Market Access, Government Affairs, Health Economics, Outcomes Research, in a pharmaceutical or medical device company or consulting company
• In-depth knowledge of Canadian healthcare system including role of key organizations such as BC Pharmacare, CADTH, CDR, , private or provincial reimbursement process and policies.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Canadian health care system and Provincial coverage and reimbursement processes is required; experience achieving coverage and reimbursement for new medical devices or pharmaceuticals in Canada and BC preferred
• Understanding of Health Technology Assessment (HTA), evidenced based medicine, clinical study design and health economics
• Approximately 20% travel will be required
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com