Abbott Product Manager- TB and Syphilis in South Africa
Manages upstream marketing activities for HIV Care portfolio across the African continent. Manages the day to day marketing activities of the organization and develops long-term marketing strategy for the company, reporting to the HIV Marketing Director for Africa.
Internally, the incumbent will partner closely with global HIV Care Product Manager to ensure alignment between customer needs, product design and evidence collection. Externally, the incumbent will be expected to interface regularly with affiliates’ upstream and downstream marketing team’s customers, and any outside vendors to support and drive the business.
This position will have responsibility and oversight for the development and implementation of product strategies, programs, and value proposition for our products in the territory assigned driving incremental growth and achieving profit objectives for the product line in conjunction with the commercial sales team.
· Creates long and short range strategic product and marketing plans that identifies new market segments, growth opportunity, and creates product development business plans that support overall strategic goals.
· Develop, lead and conduct market research to understand areas for current and future investment and market potential.
· Collaborate with global colleagues and stakeholders to identify new and existing product opportunities, as well as potential barriers to adoption.
· Analyze clinical and market data and perform market research to assess viable opportunities and to measure the impact of marketing programs/campaigns.
· Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the market landscape: market trends, customer priorities, and competitive landscape to shape our go to market approach
· Participating and supporting a comprehensive launch plan and strategy for new product(s), leading product launch process in close collaboration with, the core team and downstream marketing.
· Ensures products are launched to the market and operational plan supports expected sales volume.
· Develop robust market, P&L and product forecasting models, and provide input on forecast and plans monthly.
· Lead in the creation of value propositions, positioning, marketing messaging and related marketing collateral for single products and portfolios of products.
· Lead in the development of promotional programs, literature, sales aids, sales training programs and advertising requirements for specific product lines.
· Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities
· Be the expert on assigned product category, possessing an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry in general and more specifically, the segments targeted by assigned products
· Analyzing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing
· Plan, organize and attend strategic customer site visits.
· Spend significant time in the field (20-30%) with sales personnel, customers and industry conferences to understand stakeholder needs, technology trends, competitive landscape, and to stay at the forefront of market dynamics and trends.
· Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
· Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the organisation’s quality system
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree highly preferred
· 5+ years medical device marketing experience
· Proven successful project management skills
· Highly collaborative and comfortable working closely with customers and with a range of cross-functional business partners
· Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Able to effectively shift between high level strategic planning and tactical implementation.
· Strong analytical skills, including a proven ability to synthesize and utilize market data and customer insights to develop effective marketing strategies, collateral, and communications.
· Strong clinical acumen and ability to come up to speed quickly on new products.
· Able to excel in a highly regulated, fast-paced environment
· Travel 20 - 30%
· Willingness to “roll up sleeves” to perform at all levels and assist in areas outside of core responsibilities
Preferably Fluent in English & French
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com