Abbott Supply Chain Data Analyst in South Africa
DO WORK THATMATTERS.
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (ARDx) is a sub-division of Abbott Diagnostics, created from the acquisition of Alere.
ARDx believes that when diagnosing and monitoring health conditions, knowing now matters™. ARDx delivers on this vision by providing reliable and actionable information through rapid diagnostic tests, enhancing clinical and economic health outcomes globally. ARDx focuses on rapid diagnostics for infectious disease, cardio-metabolic disease and toxicology. For more information on ARDx, please visit www.alere.com.
In this role, the Supply Chain Data Analyst (Africa), will analyze processes, data and systems anddevelop insights to improve client and internal supply chain solutions andoperations. This role will assist in ensuring the requisite skills, capabilities and processes are in place to support the Supply Chain operating model within the Africa region – both internally, and with customers. The role will be required to use influencing and inter-personnel skills to define and manage inventory for customer’s down-stream supply chains – developing capability beyond the point of sale out of Abbott.
· Assist in identifying, developing and implementing systems and business capability to support the ARDx Supply Chain operating model with emphasis on demand forecasting and supply chain planning enabling technologies.
· Assist in standardizing ways of working across the region to deliver a consistent standard of excellence in all key processes across the E2E Supply Chain – Factory > Commercial > Customer > Patient.
· Set up and maintenance of customer inventory database and development and running of customer inventory models
· Work collaborative with multiple internal and external stakeholders and datasets to develop inventory models as well as cost, volume and service baselines
· Develop quantitative and qualitative business case models
· Analyze data and develop insights for supply chain related volumes, costs and service levels
· Determine root causes of problematic process areas and suggest improvements
· Shape unstructured and ambiguous information into a structured case for change
· Identify, shape and drive continuous improvement initiatives
· Track and report supply chain performance metrics
· Build trusting professional relationships with internal team members and customers
· A Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain OR industrial Engineering OR Related.
· Lean/Six Sigma certification preferable
· Minimum Experience: 2 Year’ experience in a related role
· Experience with the consumer goods industry is essential or experience within the medical or pharmaceutical industry.
· Must be experience with SQL programming language
· Advanced data analysis and modelling
· Problem solving skills
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Business and commercial acumen
· Knowledge of supply chain processes (e.g. planning, freight management, warehousing, transportation)
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency
· Database management language (SQL, other)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org