Abbott Senior Project Manager - Commercial in Waukegan, Illinois
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager – Commercial within the Project Management Office (PMO) Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at Lake Forest, IL. The Program Management Office (PMO) is responsible for leading business integration and transformation initiatives via partnering with executive leadership to develop, prioritize, and execute initiatives that enhance top line growth and improve operational efficiencies.
The team executes these initiatives by aligning and partnering with the key stakeholders across Regions, Business Units and Functions utilizing management consulting frameworks, Lean Six Sigma Operational Excellence methodologies, functional knowledge (e.g. commercial, finance, procurement, IT, etc.), and project management skills. The team acts as change agents and transformation leaders who execute and deliver the committed corporate goals and results.
The Senior PM - Commercial role will immediately support commercial readiness efforts for all COVID-19 products, including connectivity ((RalsLink/StarLims, Restore) across the Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (ARDx) global landscape. Responsibilities will include developing and deploying a standard commercial readiness framework to ensure all aspects of sales planning and execution are carried out effectively and efficiently across multiple cross-functional and cross-Business Unit regional and local teams. This critical Commercial Senior PM role will also support other strategic commercial initiatives such as National Provider Identifier ( NPI), contracts, pricing, distributor optimization and related CRM/business intelligence optimization efforts.
• Within the project environment, provide guidance, training, and support on and use of applicable methodology principles, themes, templates and processes regarding supply chain, fulfillment and distribution efforts, globally.
• Lead the discovery, review, and alignment of COVID related initiatives to strategic objectives through the prioritization process
• Gather requirements, defines and documents business processes/procedures using workflow modeling techniques and standardized documentation templates.
• Partner with cross-functional teams, execute plans to achieve objectives while assessing and mitigating risks and issues to ensure successful delivery of programs/projects
• Provide subject matter expertise and drive adoption and standardization of industry best in class processes, metrics and overall solutions.
• Provide updates, presentations, and analyze data, resources, costs, savings, and provide recommendations for individual projects as well as groups of projects.
• Organize, initiate, and manage business and technical projects end-to-end.
• Organize and motivate project teams for each project composed of representatives from each area affected by the project.
• Create and manage project plans from scratch in MS Project or other software tools, while working with key stakeholders across the enterprise to establish and build timelines.
• Determine the tasks associated with each project, assign internal and/or external resources to complete the necessary tasks, and work with Finance to provide estimates of project costs.
• Develop strategic, operational, process and project specific metrics, as applicable, to baseline and monitor performance, provide visibility into necessary corrective action and define overall success.
• Run weekly core team and other project meetings, prepare agendas and minutes, complete weekly project status reports, and run bi-weekly Steering Team meetings, and create PowerPoint presentations.
• Exhibit professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
• Bachelor degree - in a discipline appropriate to the project environment with minimum ten (10) years relevant experience in leadership/project management role.
• 10+ years directly related Project Management experience in distribution, logistics, supply chain or manufacturing.
• Interact with senior level management to reach agreement regarding significant program strategies.
• Interface with other disciplines, customers, internal clients, and project staff and internal/ external experts as required.
• Prepare and presents written and oral reports and other presentations to internal and external audiences. Adjusts presentation style and content to suit the audience.
• Negotiate resource, both human and financial.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of Project Management principles and methodology (including Agile framework)
• Knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies
• Customer centric focus and global orientation
• Demonstrated success in:
• working within a complex virtual team environment and leading project activities
• Proficient use of Project Management Tools for planning, scheduling, task estimation
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Excel: Forms, Formulas, Functions, Pivot Tables, & Graphs, Expert in PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes and gain team member and stakeholder buy in
• Travel - up to 25% both domestically and internationally as needed to support organizational goals
• Masters or MBA degree preferred.
• PMP (Project Management Professional) certification strongly recommended.
• Certification in LEAN/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement methodologies strongly preferred.
• BI super user/power user experience, a plus.
• PM Experience in Healthcare, Medical Devices highly desired.
• Experience or expertise in financial reporting or cost-modelling, a plus.
• Experience in Quality System Regulations (QSR) 21 CFR 820 and Design Control: ISO 13485:2003, a plus.
• Experience in the medical device, FDA cleared product development, a plus.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/ , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com