Abbott Technical Writer in Waukegan, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Technical Writer/Business Analyst:
The Education and Awareness Analyst is responsible for supporting the Information Technology education and awareness programs. The overall goal of the education and awareness program is ensuring that all employees, contractors and third-party vendors understand Abbott IT policies, processes and apply information security practices with respect to data and information technology systems. In collaboration with IT teams, this position will support a broad set of activities, including developing education and awareness curriculum content, creating and managing website content, facilitating global awareness campaigns, scheduling meetings, creating timelines and infographics, and helping to plan outreach, awareness, and educational events. The education and awareness staff will also be responsible for evaluating effectiveness of techniques and resources as appropriate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist Education and Awareness Leadership in the development of communications, strategy, goals, and objectives for information technology training, education, and awareness program.
• Use cybersecurity benchmarking and actual incidents to help define the top human risks to the organization and the changes needed to mitigate those risks.
• Assist in creating training, education, and awareness programs to organizational culture and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure that the education and awareness program communicates policies and requirements in a way that can be understood by the affected stakeholders.
Draft FAQs for strategic initiatives and track communication approvals through the process.
• Assists in new or update existing training, education, and awareness activities and materials upon publication/update of policies and ensure significant changes are communicated and understood.
• Develop, collect and publish relevant metrics that can effectively measure audience engagement, behaviors, and impact.
• Collaborate with technical experts as needed to augment or further develop support training, education, and awareness activities as appropriate.
The education and awareness staff is responsible for the planning and execution of education and awareness campaign throughout Abbott.
• Possess ability to communicate with both leadership and operational staff
• Use strong written and verbal communication skills to accomplish tasks
B.S. or B.A. in technical writing, English, journalism, communications, computer science or related area.
4+ years in communication, technical writing or related field with strong skills in writing, editing, project management and employee or executive communication. Public relations agency, health or science experience is recommended, but not required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com